‘English for Academic Purposes’ means the English you ought to succeed at a university. At SSC , the Academic that is‘English Language Skills’ helps you get better grades in your academic essays and examinations.
The English for Academic Purposes course trains you in:
- understanding written academic text
- Writing essays that are academic
- Giving presentations that are academic
- involved in academic discussion.
Academic English presentation at Scotland Study Centre
These skills are crucial if you want to flourish in your academic career.
English for Academic Purposes: a approach that is non-traditional
On traditional courses, you learn within the traditional way.
A‘Body’, and a ‘Conclusion’ for example, you have probably learned that, when writing an academic essay, you need an‘Introduction’. But this type of basic structure is as useful as a doctor telling you that a‘ is had by you head’, a ‘Body’, and ‘Feet’. Put differently, it is useless.
At SSC you truly discover ways to structure essays that are academic. You learn by:
- using an infinitely more detailed structure that teaches you what you need to put into each element of your essay.
- analysing example essays to understand how they are structured and exactly how language can be used inside them.
- redrafting essays along with your teacher in class.
- learning, as you analyse and essays that are redraft your teacher, a quantity of basic techniques/tricks that make essay writing much easier and much more effective.
The techniques you learn from the Academic that is‘English Language Skills’ course allow you to:
- write essays
- read academic texts
- give academic presentations.
An awareness with this same structure is also useful for you personally when you’ve got to learn academic texts so when you must structure academic presentations.
English for Academic Purposes: Insights into British Academic Culture
The ‘English Academic Language and Skills’ course also provides insights into simple tips to succeed inside the British academic culture. Different countries have different ways of carrying out academic research. They also have different styles and rules for academic essays, presentations, and discussion. Read More